LOUDON UTILITY BOARD
2480 Highway 72 N
Loudon, Tennessee 37774
The City of Loudon is seeking a highly motivated and qualified Downtown Development Coordinator (DDC). This position is a part-time position which reports directly to the City Manager is responsible for overseeing and coordinating the activities associated with the City’s Downtown Development programs. The DDC enthusiastically and consistently promotes downtown development through various public relations initiatives; works cooperatively and effectively with businesses, property owners and prospective developers. The activities should be focused to emphasize downtown revitalization within the context of historic preservation and economic development.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Develop and implement programs and procedures regarding business recruitment, retention and expansion to promote success of the businesses and the Planning Committee.
- Coordinate the activities of the Downtown Development program ensuring that communication among committees is well established and assist committee volunteers with implementation of work plan items.
- Manage most administrative aspects of the Downtown Development programs including, but not limited to purchasing, record keeping, budget development, preparation of board and committee meeting packets, identifying and securing grant opportunities, preparing grant and progress reports.
- Work with appropriate public agencies at the local and state levels to obtain necessary funding for critical elements of the work program.
- Develop an action plan for implementing a downtown revitalization program focused on promoting and managing economic development and historic preservation.
- Develop and conduct ongoing public awareness and education programs designed to enhance the interests of the downtowns’ business climate.
- Advise downtown merchants’ organizations and/or chamber of commerce retail committees on Downtown Development program activities and goals. Assist in the coordination of joint promotional events, such as seasonal festivals or cooperative retail promotional events, in order to improve the quality and success of events to attract people downtown.
The ideal candidate for this position will possess a Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, public administration or a field related to downtown development or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Must be proficient with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and in the use of desktop publishing and web page software. Possess knowledge of budgeting and financial management with the ability to provide sound fiscal leadership based on an understanding of public financing. Possess knowledge of effective marketing, public relations and social media strategies. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential
Qualified individuals may send resumes (in Word format) to:
Director of Support Services
The City of Loudon is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Resumes must be submitted by October 8, 2021